The vision of Taylorsville Elementry School is to maintain high academic standards, thus equipping students with the necessary tools to become life-long learners, responsible citizens, and productive community members.
Taylorsville Elementary School is committed to educating the whole child while providing a safe and nurturing environment that promotes a passion for life long learning, respect for self and others, and an appreciation for individual differences.
Taylorsville Elementary School is focused on teaching and learning supported by the following belief statements:
- Every Child can and will succeed.
- All Children deserve the opportunity to think, dream, believe, and achieve.
- The school, home, and community must share responsibility for the needs and development of children while fostering an appreciation for individual differences and cultures.
- Students are most involved when they participate in decisions that affect them.
- Differences in learning styles exist, therefore: students have the right to learn in a way that brings them personal success.
- Students must be assessed in a variety of ways to demonstrate their achievement.
- The function of education embraces the act of preparing our students for living successfully in an ever-changing society by providing academic, social, emotional, and physical and character developing skills.